27th ANNUAL HEMPFIELD FALL CLASSIC
Have you read our invitation linked here?
U16-U19 teams should also read the College Showcase Info linked to the left.
Have you read the rules/format document linked here?
If you still have questions we may have the answers below:
2012 FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Our team members are involved in high school ball until October and our rosters can't be approved by the state association until that time, may we still apply?
Yes, you may apply, pay the tournament fee, and then at a later date submit the roster once it is finalized. We should receive the roster no later than Nov 1st. Please advise us if there will be a delay beyond that date. Please fax the roster as soon as it is completed to 717-898-2486.
Is my team eligible?
All teams must be associated with the USYS and the appropriate state association, or US Club Soccer. SAY Soccer teams may also participate if roster, player and coaches cards meet tournament requirements. Please contact the tournament registrar if you are unsure.
Where will my age group play?
We are unable to provide this info until teams are accepted and schedules are posted. We do not assign age groups to a location until we have finalized the number of teams we are accepting to that age and the brackets.
Can you tell us about hotels in the area?
Please see the lodging link on our website for hotel/motel reservation info and tournament requirements. Teams requiring hotel rooms must use the approved reservation service listed on our lodging page. Teams not using the service will be disqualified from the tournament. Please visit the lodging page for more details.
Is it best to make reservations for hotels before applying, once I apply, or after my team is accepted?
Please make lodging accommodations early, hotels book quickly. Lack of hotel accommodations will not be cause for a refund of the team tournament fee after acceptance to event. If not accepted, teams have until Oct 15th to cancel their team reservation (confirm that date with the hotel please). Rules state that teams must use the tournament's reservation service. More details can be found on the lodging page.
What other attractions are available in the area?
You will find many ideas for shopping, dining and entertainment at the Lancaster County Pennsylvania Dutch Visitors Center and in the Harrisburg, Hershey and York areas. Popular area activities are outlet shopping, dining, Amish attractions, Dinner Theatres, Hershey attractions and much more. Please check with your hotel for the area's Visitor's Information Center. Also be sure to check out our advertisers on the Things to Do, Places to Go webpage in October for promoted listings and savings.
What format will teams play?
U9, U10 and U11 will play 8 v 8. U12 teams have the option of playing 8v8 or 11v11.
8 v 8 format will play 25 minute halves. 11 v 11 format will play 30 minute halves.
Does my team need to obtain permission to travel from our state organization or US CLUB SOCCER?
The Hempfield Fall Classic is an EPYSA and USYS approved/sanctioned tournament . USYS and US Club Soccer "Club" teams are invited to participate.
The tournament is considered an open tournament and other travel team organizations may participate but should check with the tournament registrar to be sure that all rules for participation and out of state travel are followed. USYS member teams from Region 1, except CT and NJ, DO NOT need to provide permission to travel. Teams from CT, NJ and USYS Region 2 must provide the tournament with their state association's properly executed "Permission to Travel Form." Please check with your state association for requirements.
No such permission is required of US Club Soccer member teams.
You might need to provide your state organization with a copy of our application to host a tournament (host form). If permission to travel is required by your organization, you will need to provide us with a copy of the approval to travel by October 24th and again at team registration.
Important Note: Guest players playing on teams that are required to request permission to travel might also need permission to travel. Again, we would then require proof of their permission to travel with your team. Please check with your state or governing orgnization for the procedures for guest players and also for permission to travel. Please check with your governing association to be sure of the requirements regarding guest players and travel.
How many guest players are permitted?
Up to five (5) guest players are permitted at all age groups, but rosters may not exceed 14 for 8v8 teams and 18 for U13 - 15 teams. U15-U19 teams may have rosters of 22 players but may only dress and play 18 for each game.
What is the procedure for adding guest players?
Guest Players and Secondary Players - From our rules:
- Team rosters for U9-U12 8 v 8 teams are limited to a maximum of 14 players, including guests. Team rosters for 11 v 11 teams ages U11 and above are limited to a maximum of 18 players, including guests, except for ages U15-19 where leagues allow larger rosters*. Regardless of roster size, a maximum of 14 players for U9, U10, and U11 8v8 teams, and 18 players for U11 and above teams can appear on the game line-up sheet and will be allowed to play at the tournament. (The game line-up sheet is submitted upon registration of the team, and ONLY the players listed may participate throughout the event) *Teams ages U15-19 with rosters up to 22 players may dress only 18 players for each game and must submit game line-up sheets to the referree prior to the start of the game and teams without proper game line-up sheets at kickoff time must forfeit the game.
- A maximum of five (5) guest players are allowed at all age groups.
- Secondary players are considered guest players, even if they appear on your official roster, and their primary team player pass and a medical release form must be presented at registration.
- Players with US Club Soccer player cards may not guest for a USYS team, and players with USYS player cards may not guest for a US Club Soccer team. You are unable to mix any two organizations.
- Players may compete for only one team for the duration of the tournament.
- Some state or governing organizations may require you to complete guest request forms. Please check with your club registrar or governing association for those rules.
- Important Note: Guest players playing on teams that are required to request permission to travel might also need permission to travel. Again, we would then require proof of their permission to travel with your team. Please check with your state orgnization for the procedures for guest player permission to travel. USYS guest players from NJ and CT will need to provide proof of permission to travel even if guesting on a team that is from a state organization that is nt required to provide proof of permission to travel to the tournament.
I have an approved roster of 22 players (some associations allow this at older age groups), may all of the players participate if I only dress 18 for any given game?
Yes, if your team is age U15-19. Teams with rosters of up to 22 players may dress only 18 players for each game and must submit game line-up sheets to the referree prior to the start of the game and teams without proper game line-up sheets at kickoff time must forfeit the game.
Must medical releases be notarized?
No. The United States Youth Soccer Association and US Club Soccer do not require the medical release forms to be notarized. You may use your own team medical releases or you may download ours. (medical release). Remember, each player and guest player must have a medical release form. These will be checked at Friday night registration and must be with the coach or team manager at each game.
May a player with a cast participate in the Fall Classic?
Please first consult with your physician to see if it is permissible or advisable to play while wearing a cast. The Laws of the Game do not prohibit the wearing of a cast. However a player may not wear anything considered to be dangerous to any player, including the player with the cast. Whether the cast is dangerous is up to the sole discretion of the referee of each game. It is impossible to predict prior to each game what the ref's decision will be. In general most referees will allow a player to play with a cast if it is well padded with foam padding or bubble wrap and if it is not used in a manner that could be considered dangerous. We cannot guarantee that this will be allowed. Please understand the risks involved before making a decision to attend the tournament with a cast.
Do I have to register my team on Friday night?
Yes. All teams are required to register on Friday night. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted, please do not ask. If the team manager or coach is unable to register the team at the Friday Night Registration please give a copy of your roster, the player cards, medical release forms, safety form, game lineup and a copy of your permission to travel form (see info in our invitation for details about permission to travel) to a parent or another one of your club's coaches that is attending and ask them to register the team.
I coach two (or more) teams, will you accommodate that for scheduling purposes?
This request must be noted in your application. We will accommodate these requests whenever possible, but we cannot guarantee it. Different age groups may play at different venues, and, allowing for travel time and parking between games, it makes for a very tight schedule. Please be sure that a rostered and carded assistant coach is available to coach the team if you are unable to do so.
What time do games begin on Saturday and Sunday?
Teams have games both Saturday and Sunday. Games kickoff at 8 am on both Saturday and Sunday. Please be prepared to have an 8 am game on either or both days. If there is a conflict for any day or time slot, this must be noted in your application. We will accommodate these requests whenever possible, but we cannot guarantee it. Also, schedules can change based on tournament requirements only, not requests from teams, until the last minute.
Please arrange your transportation and hotel stays accordingly.
Please make lodging accommodations early, hotels book quickly. Lack of hotel accommodations will not be cause for a refund of the team tournament fee after acceptance to event.
Our team may have a conflict due to our league playoffs or a league game, will the tournament work around these conflicts?
Due to the large number of teams participating in the event, we are unable to accommodate schedule changes due to league playoffs or league games. Please keep track of your team's potential for a conflict, and if you anticipate a conflict your team may withdraw until midnight on 10/8, or prior to our posting accepted teams on our website, without losing your team registration fee. Teams withdrawing after that time will not receive a refund. To withdraw after acceptance would create a situation where we may be unable to replace your team and teams would be short a promised opponent. We feel this is unfair to teams that have planned their seasons and have decided to play in the Fall Classic. Please consider this when applying to the tournament and be sure that you are able to participate by checking with your league regarding the ability to move playoff or league games to a time or date that will not conflict with the tournament and our schedules.
What is the cancellation policy for the tournament?
- There will be no registration refunds for partial cancellation of the tournament for any reason. In the event of a full tournament cancellation (no games played), the tournament may consider providing partial refunds of team application fees. In such cases, however, refunds will be taken under consideration by the Board after the event dates and after all tournament costs are covered. Under no circumstances, whatsoever, will the Tournament Committee or the Hempfield Soccer Club be responsible for any expenses (hotel, travel, food for example) incurred by the team.
- The hotels all have different cancellation policies, be sure to check the deadlines and cancellation policies when booking hotel stays.
Is this a GotSoccer tournament?
The Hempfield Fall Classic does not use GotSoccer application and scheduling software. We provide results of all brackets to them and points will be applied per GotSoccer guidelines. We collect GotSoccer ID's to assist GotSoccer in applying permissible points per their guidelines. Please contact GotSoccer directly regarding any questions.
Email us! We respond promptly. Please include your Registration Number as "Subject" of ALL e-mails.
- General Inquiries? Please email Tournament@hempfieldsoccerclub.org
- Registration or Rostering Questions? Please email Tournament Registrar, Connie Buzzard: HFCRegistrar@hempfieldsoccerclub.org
- To contact the Tournament Director - Please email Tournament Director, Sarah Thomas: Tournament@hempfieldsoccerclub.org
Continue > to Read our 2012 Invitation >
Continue > to Read Rules >